Monday 19 November 2007

Connection


Just spent a wonderful weekend assisting for The Coaching Academy at one of their introductory coach training seminars in the beautiful Chiltern Hills location of Latimer.

One of the exercises we introduced the delegates to was The Wheel of Life, which I personally still do myself every few months as I believe it's a great way to find out just how balanced my life really is.

So often coaches work so hard to develop and succeed in their coaching practices that they forget other important life areas such as fun, family, relationships, health, etc. And of course, all areas are important in order to say we truly do live a balanced life - which for a coach would be 'walking the talk'!

The one or two weekends a month I usually work with The Coaching Academy (last month I was training the BASIC model, which helps with sales and marketing), addresses the 'Connection/Personal Growth/Contribution' areas of my wheel.

One the one hand I get to see friends that also work with TCA, and also meet lots of new, enthusiastic people eager to find out what coaching is and if TCA are the training provider for them - and we all have a wonderful time!

Tony Robbins talks about The 6 Human Needs, of which 'Connection' is one. If you'd like to find out more about the other human needs, and how you can make sure you can fulfil yours regularly check out this Blog tomorrow and I'll have a link to a new page on my website with all this information on.

No comments: