Wednesday 3 March 2010

Axioms of Life

The general definition of axiom is that of a statement or idea which people accept as being true. We have many:

  • Birds of a feather flock together
  • What goes around comes around
  • Honesty is the best policy

Anyone who's ever worked with me will know my favourite 'axiom of life' is the amazing Mahatma Gandhi quote; 'be the change you wish to see in the world'. I mention it to clients when coaching, as well as including it within most of the workshops and training courses I do.

For me, 'being the change' it's about living life 'in action', and as such is a great bedrock belief for any budding entrepreneur or business person.

As a coach and trainer, I get to experience many variants of what 'in action' might be for different people, and since I work predominantly in the area of motivation can tell you that can be anywhere from zero to a hundred. Yet, as another much repeated saying suggests 'we get out of life exactly what we put into it'.

So what do you put into your life? To what degree are you 'being the change you wish to see in the world' right now, on a daily basis? And then the big question; 'what else could you do to raise that score even higher?'
 

No comments: