Wednesday 17 March 2010

The Next Level: Giver’s Gain

As regular readers will know, for me this year is all about how I can take my business to 'the next level.'

'The next level', whilst powerful, is a generic phrase, and as anyone who's worked with me or has experienced coaching will know it's about being specific. So, to clarify; I'm talking 're-invention', or even better 're-evolution'. I call this being switched on, listening to the changing world and the requirements of the markets and our present/future client base.

One of the greatest lessons learnt from my time with Anthony Robbins Companies a few years ago was about the importance of team, and understanding we will never become as successful alone as we could be as part of a team.

Add to this what Brian Tracy refers to as our 'reference group', the group from which we soak-up and share values, beliefs, adventures, success, and even failure – and then what we do as a result, is fundamental to business success. If we want to raise our standards, improve performance; achieve better business results then we should begin by upgrading our reference group.

This year I'm actively looking to meet some more fantastic, motivated, inspirational, and intelligent new people into my reference group.

Enter BNI 'Riverside' in Putney. Each Tuesday for the last month I've been soaking up their energy and enthusiasm at their breakfast meetings – and believe me, this group of 42 plugged- in, focused business professions can really take the energy and ideas to the next level at 7am like no other!

The one great lesson I've been reminded of and that they've evolved my understanding into so far is the BNI founding principle of 'givers gain' – the belief that 'if I give business to you, you'll want to give business to me'. Of course, we're talking about qualified referrals, which takes the whole 'reference group' to another level.

Over the coming weeks and months I'll be learning, exploring, and implementing.

Watch this space!

No comments: