Friday 6 August 2010

Saying It The Way You Want It

Saying exactly what you mean is so important in all areas of life and business. How many times have you heard yourself or somebody else saying what you/they don't want to happen?
  • 'I don't want to be short of money at the end of the month'
  • ‘I don’t want to lose that contract’
  • ‘I don’t want to leave the company’
  • ‘I don’t want my team to fall apart’
  • ‘I don’t want to miss my sales target’
As a result of much research into how the human mind works, it’s generally accepted in the world of Personal Development, Business Coaching, and Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP), one of the characteristics of the unconscious mind (the area of the brain that runs the body; keeping you alive) is that it doesn't process negatives.

Instead, it processes them as a positive, meaning phrases like ‘I don’t want to lose that contract’ would become ‘I do want to lose that contract’, or ‘I don’t want to miss my sales target becomes, ’I do want to miss my sales target’.
(Read more)

No comments: